For Breakfast or energizing Snack!
Apple Baked Oats for You, Kids, Husbands & Co.:
🔎 Ingredients (for a cup you can use a smaller coffee cup):
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3 cups almond milk (or another non-dairy milk alternative)
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups rolled oats
2 medium apples, chopped (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, egg, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in oats, apples, chia seeds and 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until puffed and center is just set, about 45-55 minutes. During last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle remaining walnuts over top.
- Let it cool down a bit for better cutting. Serve (not too) warm and refrigerate leftovers for 3-4 days and as a cold pre-workout snack
- Serve with some plantbased joghurt, berries and maple syrup on top.