Do you know what you can do every morning right after getting up to help your body eliminate harmful toxins, improve your digestion, stimulate your metabolism (fat burning), and boost your energy? Drink a glass of warm water with fresh lemon juice!
Lemons contain vitamin C, flavonoids, vitamin B complex, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and fibres, which makes it an effective source of power. Although lemon is an acid fruit, it is a nutrient source that alkalizes the body and thus prevents infections and diseases. Lemon helps remove all kinds of toxins from your body so that they can be prevented from accumulating, so damage to your cells, tissues and organs can be avoided. It stimulates the liver to produce more enzymes and to work more efficiently. Lemon juice works as a diuretic and keeps your urinary tract clean; it can also improve your pH level to prevent bacterial growth. Lemons ensure waste products are relieved and discharged from your digestive tract and will help cleanse your intestine. So why wait any longer to start your day with this energy boost?
Your Health Coach recommends five reasons to drink lemon water:
- It increases your energy level and gives your brains a boost: lemon water immediately gives you a boost of energy, and it improves your mood right at the start of the day. The high levels of potassium and magnesium have a beneficial effect on the brain and the nerves. It provides mental clarity and enables you to concentrate better.
- It improves digestion and hydrates your body: it helps to get your intestines going in the morning, hydrates your intestines, stimulates bile production, and adds water to your stool.
- It boosts your immune system, reduces inflammation, and has antibacterial and antiviral properties: lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, which contributes to the strengthening of your immune system and the control of flu and colds. It also improves the absorption of iron from the food you eat. Lemon is able to remove uric acid from your joints. Build-up of uric acid is one of the main causes of inflammation.
- It promotes a healthy and younger skin: lemons are packed with antioxidants that prevent damage from free radicals. These free radicals are responsible for premature skin-aging. Vitamin C ensures skin conservation, prevents the formation of wrinkles, and reduces unevenness of the skin.
- It helps you lose weight: although lemon water by itself is not a panacea, it can definitely help to get results faster and longer. Lemon helps to prevent hunger attacks, it boosts digestion, and it gives you a full feeling, making you less likely to take quick snacks outside mealtimes.
Try it for a while, and you will probably not want to go without it.
Do you want to know how you can integrate our tip in your lifestyle? Please visit the Your Health Coach Portal